The Joomla! name and logos are not trademark free and are not copyright free. In most cases, to use the Joomla! name or Joomla! logo(s), you must request permission from Open Source Matters.
- For information on Joomla! logos that can be used without written approval from Open Source Matters please see the "Conditional Use Logos" section below or click here.
- When the use of the Joomla! name or the official logo is used in a purely descriptive manner, such as in an article in a publication, or a presentation no permission is needed to use the trademark.
Some basic policies you agree to when requesting use and after permission of use has been granted:
- You comply at all times with any version of the GNU General Public License applicable to any copyrightable work released by OSM, comply with the Joomla! Electronic Documentation License for work of the project released under those terms, and respect the copyright in all other works published by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
- You acknowledge the superior rights of Open Source Matters in the trademarks for the Joomla! name and logos and agree not to register or seek to register any trademark including the name or logos in any country. You further agree that you will not acquire rights in any use of the Joomla! name or logo.
- There is no confusion created between your use and the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters and no implication that the content of the surrounding materials is endorsed by the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.
- The use is not detrimental, e.g., harmful or damaging, to the value of any of the Joomla! marks, or to Open Source Matters, its brand integrity, reputation or goodwill, such as use in connection with products, services or other content that (a) is vulgar, obscene, or pornographic, (b) includes statements concerning OSM or the Joomla! Project that are libelous, slanderous or otherwise defamatory, (c) would be considered a criminal offense or would encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or (d) would create any civil liability. Those are only examples. Detrimental, harmful or damaging use is determined at the discretion of the Joomla! Project or Open Source Matters.